Jobs & Internships
Beacon Press is owned and operated under the auspices of the Unitarian Universalist Association and is an equal opportunity employer. Beacon Press values a diverse workforce; people with disabilities, people of color, and those who identify as L/G/B/T/Q are strongly encouraged to apply.
Business Finance Assistant (posted 7/1/16)
Beacon Press is currently seeking a Business Finance Assistant to work in the Finance Department. It is an excellent opportunity to learn about trade publishing in one of Boston’s most prestigious firms. The position will report directly to the CFO and will be primarily responsible for a mix of accounting and operational tasks. Responsibilities will involve work with the Royalty System, Invoice Processing, and General Ledger accounting.
Specific tasks include:
- Set up new author royalty accounts based on contract terms, compilation of data for royalty reporting, royalty statement generation and review, and processing royalty payments
- Prepare monthly general ledger close entries, including reconciling bank accounts and various balance sheet accounts
- Process vendor invoices, initiate check runs, and prepare 1099 tax filings to IRS; Post credit memos and cash receipts for House account sales; and track House accounts receivable balance
- Assist CFO with month end reports, annual audit, and other tasks and analysis as needed such as preparation financial data and analysis from General Ledger
- Various administrative/office functions
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- One to two years related experience working in an accounting/finance group is preferable
- Publishing experience with the Acumen software system would be a plus
- BS in business administration with a concentration in accounting/finance or two year associate degree in accounting with knowledge of bookkeeping and office procedures would be a plus
Please email resume and cover letter to Cliff Manko, Chief Financial Officer at Beacon Press: firstname.lastname@example.org
Beacon Press values a diverse workforce; people with disabilities, people of color, and those who identify as L/G/B/T/Q are strongly encouraged to apply.